Book Summaries Part 1
I can’t really draw right now because I’m hopped up on coffee, but I definitely have been writing the profiles in the process of storytelling instead of what happens in chronological order. There’s enough background information to understand what’s happening, so I’m going to put down the summaries here and now. Understand that the year that Choja starts his journey will be noted as 0 in these summaries instead of when the calendar of the world actually begins.
- Choja finishes training with Riften.
- Choja sets off on his journey after getting his quest from the king in Lunivesta at the east edge of the continent. He meets Saari, Viruna, and Mernyn as allies. He fights Gemiri and Kerlunhun a few times. He discovers that Keras is up to no good(?) and that a man named Geas is tracking her as well. He moves from the north to the east edge of the continent.
- Choja heads south, then near the southeast, discovers that Keras planned to destroy Sophia, Lunivesta’s biological weapon. Riften meets up with Choja again and hands him Schrodinger with Harakatsu’s soul contained in the sword. Choja and his group are stopped by a gang of three ladies, Ramas, Emily, and Aeria. The gang is defeated and Choja heads onwards to the large dome with the chamber that holds Sophia. Sophia is destroyed by Remidefa, but Remidefa is then destroyed by Choja. After a fierce battle, Choja sees that Aeria runs up to defend Keras from getting killed. Choja kills them both anyway.
- Luchs kills Winel and tries to kill Keras, but is killed by Geas. Geas tries his best to hold back and tells Keras to run. The next day, Kerlunhun is assigned to the case and hunts down Keras. Keras gets away with a music box, but still gets stabbed by Geas and barely survives by Riften’s intervention. Riften gives Keras the sword Mobius which has Liliuzae’s soul inside. Liliuzae tells Keras all she was told by Riften.
- Keras heads to the black market for information and awakens her newfound skills defending the black market. She finds and steals Abruran’s biological weapon Remidefa and then heads across the continent to stow away to Lunivesta.
- Keras arrives in Lunivesta to search for their biological weapon but has trouble doing so. Riften heads back to Lunivesta and trains Choja for the latter part of the year.
- Geas arrives in Lunivesta to find Keras. Keras finds a lead on where Lunivesta’s biological weapon is, but runs into Choja while doing so.
- Keras finds Sophia and manages to destroy her, but Remidefa is destroyed by Choja. Aeria tries to stop Choja a second time but both her and Keras are killed. Aeria manages to stay alive and takes Keras’s soul. The king immediately discovers what happened and arrests the group except for Viruna (who are pardoned due to their position) and deports them to the southern part of Abruran, a vast desert where Lunivesta dumps all its trash.
- During a routine purging of dissidents, the king of Lunivesta chooses Liliuzae’s parents as the target of today’s executions. They hide 10 year old Liliuzae in a closet before being taken away by the knights and executed. Melas, the king’s assistant, finds Liliuzae during clean up and finds a strange interest in keeping her safe from the king. Soon enough, she forms a meaningful bond with Liliuzae and Liliuzae tells Melas she wants to kill the council that killed her parents.
Year -28 to -23
- Liliuzae learns plenty from the lessons that Melas shows her. She becomes close friends with Riften as well. Ramas, one of the followers of the church of the Goddess, also helps her out. Soon enough, one by one, Liliuzae manages to assassinate each and every member of the council until soon enough only the king and the priest remain. Harakatsu, the guard captain, learns of Liliuzae’s deeds but says nothing to the king.
- The king finds out. Upon the king’s orders, Harakatsu’s knights without any command from the captain himself completely destroy Liliuzae’s life and leaves it in shambles. Liliuzae commits suicide and the place where she lived is razed to the ground and excused as an accident. Melas of course finds out, stabs the priest, steals Ramas’s revolver, and breaks into the king’s chambers despite being completely locked down. After a few words are exchanged, Melas shoots the king in the face and tosses the revolver on his desk. Harakatsu and his men break into the chambers soon after and asks Melas why she shot the king. She tells the captain to ask his men what they did and a moment after, was filled with arrows.
- Riften breaks into the evidence storage and steals the sword Mobius so that she can meld Liliuzae’s soul into it. Ramas is mysteriously killed and a few years later reincarnates as a demon. Melas reincarnates as Emily with no memory of what she did in her previous life. Regardless of the facts, a statue of Harakatsu is erected in the center of Lunivesta for killing the traitor Melas and saving the empire. Harakatsu serves under the new ruler that replaced the old king, but after learning the truth, he became an alcoholic and passed away from stress and guilt several years later. Riften manages to place Harakatsu’s soul in another sword, Schrodinger. The new ruler starts a project to create the first homunculus in the world.
None of these characters were exactly the paragon of justice, but some of them at least *tried*.